No matter your skill level or experience on the bike, there's no better way to enhance your training and racing performance than by riding with a power meter. Lucky for you, Specialized has combined their incredibly light and stiff carbon fiber S-Works road cranks with dual-sided power measurement, making it the lightest (440g/172.5mm) and most accurate power meter available.
The development of Power Cranks began with Specialized's Human Performance Team looking at riders in realistic scenarios on the bike. Historically, power meters have been validated by two different methods—one is by measuring the produced torque by applying a static, linear load to a crankarm or chainring, while the second uses a power generating motor to pedal the bike. Well, cycling is neither static nor linear, and humans apply power much differently than a machine. So, they found that neither of these methods answer the "real-world" accuracy question.
To get the best test for accuracy, in all types of riding scenarios, Specialized built their own cycling treadmill, the WinMill, to measure power output to a known truth. This new benchmark lets them evaluate accuracy under all riding conditions—seated versus standing, various power and cadence levels, different weights, and a myriad of gear. This data acquisition process is their gold-standard for testing power meters, and through their testing and external validation from the Locomotion lab in Boulder, Colorado, Power Cranks have been proven to have the highest accuracy in real world scenarios (+/- 1.5%).
The Dual-Sided S-Works Power Cranks utilize separate strain gauge systems to individually measure the effort produced by each leg. This maximizes the accuracy of your total power numbers, plus it helps you to better understand your performance as fatigue increases and when you're recovering from injury. And with class-leading temperature compensation firmware and waterproof enclosures, Power Cranks are easy to live with. Calibration is only required during seasonal-type fluctuations in temperature, and the included wrench makes battery swaps a breeze.
- +/-1.5% real-world accuracy tested on the WinMill and validated by the Locomotion Lab in Boulder, CO.
- Independent, dual-leg power measurement.
- Works with ANT+ and Bluetooth devices.
- Easy set-up and diagnostics with the Specialized Power app. (iOS and Android versions available).
- Hollow carbon crankarms, carbon spider, and oversized alloy spindle offer superior stiffness and lighter weight than the competition—440 grams for 172.5mm crankarm length.
- Fits Specialized road frames with OSBB or PF30 bottom bracket shell, as well as most BB30 road frames.
- 110 BCD carbon spider (also compatible with 130 BCD carbon spider—sold separately).
- Compatible with Shimano and SRAM drivetrains. Chainrings are sold separately. Use only with Specialized/Praxis chainrings 06217-1702 (52/36T) and 06218-1713 (50/34T).
- Available in 165-180mm crankarm lengths.
|Gloss Tarmac Black / 165mm||888818338801||48118-2000||CRSP1182000|
|Gloss Tarmac Black / 167.5mm||888818339136||48118-2001|
|Gloss Tarmac Black / 172.5mm||888818339396||48118-2003||CRSP1182003|
|Gloss Tarmac Black / 175mm||888818338962||48118-2004|